- Reports to: Head of Hardware
Presso is a rapidly growing startup that is transforming the dry-cleaning industry with the development of robotic technology. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team and help drive the development and implementation of our innovative robotic systems.
What We Offer:
The typical salary range for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in/around Atlanta, GA is $90000 ~ $115000. The ultimate compensation may vary depending on your experience and job-related skills. Additionally, we offer a dynamic benefits package that includes the following:
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Funding for professional development, including memberships, licenses, and certifications
- Lead the design and development of mechanical components and systems for our dry-cleaning robots, from concept to production
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including electrical, software, and manufacturing engineers to ensure seamless integration of all systems
- Conduct feasibility studies and analysis to evaluate and optimize designs for performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness
- Create and maintain detailed documentation including 3D models, drawings, bill of materials, procurement specifcations, DFMEA, Testing Procedure & Report, and PFMEA
- Work with suppliers and vendors to select and source materials and components for prototyping and production
- Participate in the testing and validation of new designs to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in Consumer or Industrial Product Development Engineering
- Experience Operating within a Formal Product Development Process
- Ability to effectively work on up to 4 projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in SolidWorks as well as SolidWorks PDM
- Experience in Engineering Drawing Creation abiding by ASME Y14.5
- Extensive knowledge of material selection, manufacturing processes, and DFMA
- Professional experience in development of Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and/or Steam Systems
- Experience in Sheet Metal Design and Manufacturing
- Experience in Design of 3D Printed Parts and use of SLA/FDM Printers
- Electro-Mechanical Prototyping and Design Experience
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with component suppliers and manufacturers in China
- Confidence with use of hand tools and power tools
- Well organized with great attention to detail
- 8+ years’ of Professional Experience
- Project Management Experience
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with UL/CE Certification of Manufactured Products
- Understanding of ISO 9001 Standards and Experience in Certification
- Prolonged periods of sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
At Presso, we believe that diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords; they are the foundation of a thriving and innovative workplace. As an equal-opportunity employer, we are committed to fostering a culture that celebrates the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and talents of our team members. We embrace the value that diversity brings to our organization and recognize that it is the driving force behind our success.
We welcome individuals from all walks of life to join our team, regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. At Presso, every team member is treated with respect, dignity, and fairness, creating an environment where everyone can contribute their best and grow both personally and professionally.
As we continue to shape the future of the garment care industry, we understand that our commitment to equality is not only essential for our team’s well-being but also for the creation of innovative, forward-thinking solutions. Together, we will forge a path of progress, driven by the diverse perspectives and collaborative spirit of our team members.
Join us in our mission to redefine garment care while building a workplace that embraces diversity and empowers every individual to thrive. At Presso, you will not only find a fulfilling career but also a supportive and inclusive community that values and respects your unique contributions. We invite you to be a part of our team and make a meaningful impact on the world. Together, we will revolutionize the way we care for our clothes and the way we work.